Gone are the days of spending too much time on the shore, tediously trying to get your inflatable paddle board ready for a ride. All ISLE inflatable paddle boards can be set up in less than 10 minutes, so you can spend more time doing what you love on the water.
Don’t worry about getting out the tools, either! Unlike other iSUPs, your ISLE inflatable paddle board package includes everything needed to set up your board with no extra tools required.
Inside the iSUP Backpack
You find it easy to fit all things necessary for paddle boarding inside the travel friendly iSUP backpack — your hybrid travel paddle, hand pump, superbolt, fin, 8’ coil leash, and, of course, the inflatable paddle board. The iSUP backpack is not only helpful when travelling, but makes storing your inflatable paddle board simple.
Ok, paddle board time. Read on for details, or download the quick how-to here!
How To Put Together Your Inflatable Paddle Board
- To get started, take out the contents of the bag and unroll the paddle board.
- Once the paddle board is unrolled, locate the inflation valve on top of the board and the yellow pin inside. Twist to make the pin spring into the upright position. This will stop air from escaping after your board is inflated.
- Next, take out the pump and connect the hose with the nozzle end to the inflation valve on the board. To do this, push the hose down and twist clockwise to lock it into place.
- Then, attach the other end of the hose to the hand pump and push the feet of the pump into the ground for leverage as you begin to inflate.
On the back of the pump is a small dial. When the dial is turned to the right, the pump will push air into your board as you push down and pull up on the pump handle to help expedite the process.
- Start pumping! The needle on the gauge won’t begin to move until the board hits around 7psi of air. Note, there is a significant difference between a deflated board and 7psi. Visually, the board will look practically full once you reach that threshold. Aka, no, your gauge isn’t broken, just keep pumping! Continue to pump until the board is hard and fully inflated — around 12-15psi.
As the board gets closer to max air capacity, it may get harder to pump. At this point, turn the dial to the left, so that air is only forced into the paddle board when you push down on the pump. Remember how we say stand up paddle boarding is great exercise? Just think of this as the arm warm up!
- Once the board is fully inflated, secure the cap on the inflation valve.
No need to worry about over-inflating, the ISLE hand pump will prevent the board from taking in too much air!
- Now that your board is fully inflated, flip it over to install the fin. First, take the superbolt and screw the small plate onto the screw until it sits at the end of the screw head.
- Then, place the screw with the plate at the bottom into the fin box so that the bolt is pointed thread end upward. The superbolt should be towards the nose end of the fin box.
- Next, fit the fin into the box, aligning the previously placed bolt to go through the hole at the base of the fin. Tightly fasten the nut to the bolt to secure the fin in place.
- Finally, attach the leash. Locate the metal d-ring at the tail of the paddle board and loop the leash tie through it.
- Then take the velcro strip and loop it through the leash tie. The other end of this will go around your ankle once you are on the board.
That’s it! Your inflatable stand up paddle board is now ready to ride.
How To Put Your 3-Piece Travel Paddle Together
Our hybrid 3-piece paddle is travel friendly with a lightweight design to maximize your performance. Plus, it only takes 2 simple steps to assemble!
- Open the clamp and slide the middle shaft into the blade piece until the metal pin is in place. Then, close the clamp.
- Do the same with the handle piece by placing it into the middle shaft, and then close the clamp to secure.
* troubleshooting : if the handle continues to slide upwards after the clamp is closed, the screws on the clamp need to be tightened.
Stand Up Paddle Board Accessories and Extra Parts
Our accessories page is the perfect place to find all of the paddle boarding extras we love. Grab some extra paddles to bring friends and family on the water with you. Check out our favorite Inflatable Life Jacket that is worn folded into a fanny pack and can be easily inflated and placed over the head in an emergency.
No need to worry if a part is lost or worn down. Find replacement packs for screws and bolts, repair kits, and larger parts on our site too.
And, that’s a wrap! In less than ten minutes, your inflatable paddle board is ready for the water and so are you. Go and enjoy the ride.